Hey there! I'm Andrew Pagan. A fluffy cat owner and active financial learner that works as a software developer in the Bay Area. My goal in life is to teach young adults and high school students what it means to "adult" through teaching basic financial practices such as the difference between a Roth IRA and 401k, and the power of compound interest. Money is something that is not taught in school even though it's one of the core reasons why we work.
I live by the motto "never stop growing". A motto that reminds me that your education doesn't stop after college and that investing in yourself is invaluable.
November 2012 - June 2016
November 2020 - March 2021
- Led frontend development of internal CRM system, reducing clicks per ticket by 70%, allowing for SLA enforcement and on-demand reporting
- Designed a universal, FAQ widget to enhance Google SEO, boosting user engagement and click through rate by 15%
- Identified and resolved bottleneck challenges for low bandwidth users in legacy code through smart caching and identifying key data points, increasing productivity and code maintainability
- Mentored onboarding junior engineers and frequently updated onboarding documentation, decreasing new engineers ramp up time
October 2018 - November 2020
- Collaborated with product management to identify user challenges, which lead to developing more interactive charts to visualize customer data
- Led daily standups to identify blockers, progress of different projects, and ensuring teammates were getting the support they needed
May 2017 - October 2018
- Overhauled department’s promotional process by developing a web application using React and Redux to automate data retrieval and document creation, saving 15 hours per nominee.
- Scripted applications using Python frameworks (Pandas, Numpy) to clean and organize large data sets for data visualization platforms.